Sunday, November 6, 2011

Look what I found!!

So, as I attempt to do the write-up for the most recent worksheet, I instead find myself procrastinating by reading Astrobites... and look what I found!!


:) There are lots of other articles about grad school, both about getting in and what to do once you have gotten in, but I thought you guys you especially like this one!! For obvious reasons...

Here is one comment that he made regarding classes in graduate school, one that I think applies to us undergrads at Caltech: Professor Johnson explains that it was a bad thing that "I was just concentrating on getting the current week’s problem sets finished so I could get to the next one and then finish the course with a good grade." This is something I have been thinking about a lot the last few months, mostly inspired by the way Ay20 is run. I think I lot of people get through Caltech this way, but we don't have to!

Astrobites is actually pretty cool! There are a lot of contributors, resulting in very diverse reading! .... and many hours worth of procrastination... I started my write-up at three.... oops....

No comments:

Post a Comment